A TON of questions and comments lately about my eyelashes! I was a bit hesitant to share because I believe anything we put close to our eyes should be considered carefully and STILL everyone’s experience will be different.
But, I am also here to share so, here is what I have been doing.
** important note before reading further… this is NOT sponsored or a gifted product I am reviewing. Just a product I found and loved and giving you my honest review!**
My eyelashes are blonde, almost white, so I started wanting to wear mascara at a very early age. When I am not wearing mascara people will often ask “are you feeling okay, you look tired..” Nope, just no eye make up on today…
After Patrick was born I had some hair loss but I had a huge change in my eyelashes. They were weak and brittle and short and fell out constantly. When he was around 6 months old I decided to try eyelash extensions. I loved them! They were so beautiful and made me feel instantly better! But the trouble was… I was losing my natural lashes like crazy, which resulted in losing the extensions too. The extensions would often flip and spin around on my natural lash that was too weak to hold them up. After a few fills myself and the technician decided – these are not for me- at least not right now.
Pretty bummed about that failed experiment and about my lashes still being weak and brittle and short, I stumbled upon a serum that promised to grow, lengthen, and strengthen natural lashes. I had tried one serum before and had not been impressed so I didn’t have huge hope, but I decided I would give it a try. After all, one bottle of this serum cost less than 1 fill of the extensions!
Now, it probably goes without saying that I had amazing results. I LOVE this stuff. Even went so far as to purchase one of their other products made to improve eyebrows! But I have a few things I think are important to note:
- The eye area is extremely sensitive so I started slow and only applied a tiny amount, being sure to keep my eyes tightly closed when applying.
- I was religious about applying it every night!
- I had decent results within a month, but my full results took 3 months!
- I stopped using the product after about 5 months of consistent use and my lashes have stayed looking incredible. (It’s been about 3 months since my last use.)
- I used the eyebrow serum with less consistency and did have good results, but only used it for about 2 months. My eyebrows were of less of a concern for me and I was less motivated to keep with it…
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding it is not recommended due to insufficient research. Better safe than sorry and wait mama!
I use pretty basic drug store mascara- L’Oreal Butterfly effect. I have used it for at least 8 years now. I love the wand and find that the formula doesn’t dry out or flake. I love the price point and easy access since it is sold at every drug store, Target, and super market I have ever been to. Keep scrolling for results at one month and full results. Click on the amazon affiliate link to shop!
https://amzn.to/2othoDG – Eyelash Serum
https://amzn.to/2MSFH7b – Eyebrow Serum
https://amzn.to/36aFFzi -Bundle Set!